Today started by waking Kai up at 7:40 to get ready for school. He was tired but pretty excited- so after a good stretch he got up and got dressed. It is a beautiful day here in the North West...Malakai was just happy to wear his new school clothes and "fast shoes." After he dressed he had a quick breakfast, took some pics, and off we went. We all rode in Daddy's car together. We wanted to be early as there is no bus stop near our home so we have to try and beat the traffic. We got to school and walked around a bit...we found where "Mrs. Michaelis's" class would meet and we hung-out. When his teacher arrived and all the kids were lined-up we gave hugs and kisses and parents said their good-bye's. There are two students in his class that he already knows, and I tried to introduce him to one of the Spanish-speaking students at open house. He seems really excited to learn and hear Spanish at school this year. It wasn't until the teacher asked all the students to wave at their parents and say "adios padres" that I got emotional...then, as I'm tearing-up Maliyah says, "Mommy, where's brod-er going?" That made it even worse because then we were both crying. Kai had no problem seeing us off though...he marched to the front of the line and waved saying "bye"...."bye Maliyah"....I will pick him up at 3pm. It's been a good day overall...just the initial "goodbye" that got me. Here are some photos of his first day off to school...I CANNOT believe he has started Kindergarten!
Fall City, Washington STAGE
-
WELCOME TO MY MOST RECENT STAGE...
The above room is the formal living and dining space. I removed neutral
pillows and added some orange to liven things u...
16 years ago



2 comments:
what sweet pics!!!! He is soooo cute! Was Maliyah ready to stay with him?? Love the family photo!! Miss you guys!
Hi Sheree, it'es Heidi Wilson! My friend Erin found your blog through Kristen's. I jsut sent you an email too. What a beautiful family! Can't believe you ahve a little boy old enough to be in kindergarten!! You're kids are so darn cute:)
Post a Comment