Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All in a Days Work

So this blogging-thing is getting pretty fun for me! I've always enjoyed journaling and updating family and friends with what's going on here in Seattle and with the kids...this is the perfect way to do both and add photos! Today a friend of mine from California sent me a quick email on how to add music to my blog...how fun is this??? What I love most about it all is I can see it becoming a hobby of mine (unleashing my creative side) while Malakai is in school and Maliyah is down for nap.
So today I finished goodie-bags for Malakai's birthday and made sure I had all the necessary ingredients for his cupcakes. His party will be at the Imagine Children's Museum on Saturday, but he turns 5 tomorrow, July 24th! It's hard to believe that 5 years ago I was already in labor and it would be a grueling 30 hours or so from start to finish until I finally just ASKED the doctors to cut him out of me!"NOW!" It saddens me that the time goes so quickly but everyday I feel blessed to be staying home with my kids.
This morning I had to inform Kai that his beloved "Mr. Crabs" passed away, ironically a gift he received for his 4th birthday. Then, I took Maliyah to swim class this morning, she LOVES the water. Afterwards we went to the petstore to find Kai a new hermit crab, who he now calls, "Snakes." He handled the situation pretty well... knowing that "Mr. Crabs" was a good crab and is now in "crab Heaven with crab Jesus."

I managed to clean most of the house today while Maliyah napped...checked my email, created an evite for Maliyah's birthday, and made a deposit on a location for her party. When Mimi woke-up from nap it was time to get brother-bear to ball-skill class. After that we came home and had a quick playdate with Cole (a neighbor), and it was off to visit Daddy in Kirkland.

Picked-up a quick dinner and headed home. Whew, Wednesday is almost over and it begins again tomorrow...big day, my little boy is 5! Until next time....luvs.

No comments: