Friday, July 16, 2010

Summertime!

Mother's Day at Alkai Beach
Kirkland waterfront...fun in the sun and sand.


Practicing before dance class.

Lead-off batter on his team...hit the ball well, runs fast, throws well...needs to work on catching:) It's early, but I think he's a shortstop.



Fourth of July in Bellevue, before the rain came!




Wow! I cannot believe it's been since March that I have updated this blog! Crazy how life suddenly gets so busy and time just slips away...what has been happening since March? Well, first off, I decided to get my Zumba certification. What is ZUMBA you ask? Zumba is a group fitness class. The class is latin and international-inspired dance fitness. The slogan is "Ditch the workout, join the party!" So, you can see why it suits me. I have been able to combine my love for music, dance, the latin culture, language and other multi-cultural flavors (in the form of dance), plus teaching- all into one passion, ZUMBA! I have been instructing at two gyms for the last 3 1/2 months and enjoying it thoroughly.

I continue to teach swimming lessons once a week to 1.5-4 year olds. I stepped-up my game this past Spring and started teaching "pikes" or 3-4 year olds who are in the water for the first time w/o their parent. I have also enjoyed this class!

On a separate note, an old college friend and teammate of mine moved back to the West Coast from N.Y. recently and needed an assistant to help her with her hair/make-up business for weddings. I just completed my first "gig" with her and had a blast! Yet another little something I've always wanted to try! Looks as though I'm officially dabbling in many of my passions!

Terry is still working from home and working hard! He still enjoys the flexibility of being able to go to the gym at lunchtime or stop what he's doing to make it to a baseball practice or dance class for the kids:). When he's not working he enjoys spending time with us, attending kid-activities or playing on his basketball team Monday nights! He's finally admitting we're "getting old." Must be the way he feels after basketball...stop trying to keep up with the young'ins.

The summer finally arrived to the NW about 10 days ago, we've had a day or two of drizzle inbetween but overall it's been very nice. The kids and I have made it out to a couple different "Spray Parks" in the area and to the waterfront/beach in Kirkland as well! The kids just love the beach! It still amazes me how chocolate-y the kiddos get in the summer, they definately look more like daddy now:)

Also since March Maliyah got her first modeling gig with "Babylegs." Babylegs are basically leg-warmers for kids...she will be in the catologue and marketing materials plus their website in the fall.

Malakai just got his second big gig after his gameboxes. "Committee for Children" hired him for still photos and we are waiting to see if he will have an acting roll in their videos. You can check the company out online at cfchildren.org.

In early June we traveled to Vegas for a little family visit and vacation time. We enjoyed seeing family and the kids had a blast visiting with their cousins, grandparents, aunt and uncle...and of course, spending time at the pool at the Monte Carlo.

Well, it's hard to believe but Malakai will be turning 7, that's right, SEVEN in one week. My how time flies. Maliyah will be 4 next month.

On a sad note, my great-aunt, "Tante Mary" passed away July 5th. She lived a good-long life but nonetheless it's always sad to see a loved one go. It's comforting to know she is now as peace after hearing recent stories of her deterioration.

This fall Malakai enters the 2nd grade and Maliyah will begin pre-school. Yikes...and I am approaching 35, which will make me only 5 years from 40, ouch!

No comments: